Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

equaly offset an effect across selected fixtures

keredyelesob

When working with effects it would be great if you could include some sort of shortcut (maybe press the center of the encoder) that will equally offset the selected fixtures, if I select say 8 generic fixtures then put the ‘chaser’ effect on them, when I try to offset them with the ‘shift’ and ‘offset’ encoder I can never get it to do a constant even chase. If I offset each fixture manually in the waveforms window I can make it work perfectly but this takes quite some time.

I would also welcome this feature on the solution desk :)

If so try the "mark on" efx and set the offset shifted mode to fan first/fan last.

Hi thanks for your reply, but I have tried this, the problem is, shifted mode to fan first/last does not equally distribute the effect so you don't get a constant flash across all of the the selected fixtures. I always end up with a space where nothing happens, if i manual distribute the effect offset using the waveform window the fixtures will chase evenly without any short/long delays between the cycle. I need a quick way to evenly Fan the offset so the gap between cycles is the same so i can get a more even chase effect. (this is the same problem with the other effects not just chaser, mark on/off ect)

Thanks again

When working with effects it would be great if you could include some sort of shortcut (maybe press the center of the encoder) that will equally offset the selected fixtures, if I select say 8 generic fixtures then put the ‘chaser’ effect on them, when I try to offset them with the ‘shift’ and ‘offset’ encoder I can never get it to do a constant even chase. If I offset each fixture manually in the waveforms window I can make it work perfectly but this takes quite some time.

When i say manually in the waveforms window I select each of the 8 fixtures individually and add ~12 to the offset value. this way it ensures each fixture is around the same offset as the next. "evenly spaced"

using the fan offset (default shifted offset mode) then I can get the fixtures to fan evenly but never fill the entire waveform cycle, this creates a gap at the end of the cycle and does not create an constant un-interrupted chase. i just think a quick and simple button press to equally offset futures would make creating chases that are even and consistent much quicker.