Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chaser / Scene autostop

dermario

Hello, i'm from Germany and hope that i can explain my problem in English ;-)

Im from an Puppetheater and as we got renovated we became the Jester88 24/48 Lightconsole.

Everything is fine, only one thing i dont know: "is it possible?"

So, in our show somtimes came 2 -4 light scenes in Quick succession. now i want use the GO button.

so i can

1.) Programm in the CUE and pusch 2-4 times the GO-Button quickly, to Have Flasching Light and Changes and stop at a Static Scene

or

2.) Programm a cheaser an pusch GO-button twice, so the light change happen and stop at an Static Scene.

2.a.) I programm an Cheaser an paste 40 times the Same Lightsetting and use a very long Fadingtime

Is there an other way to get this...

Mabye i think i could make an Chaser and set Fadingtimes and on the Last step i set SNAP so the Cheaser stop at this Step.

But this dont Work ;-)

For Example:

A scene in the Show Start with a Sunrise

So i want

1. Dark Light Scene (Static)

PUSH GO

2.1 Red light Fade in (Chaser Step 1)

2.2 Blue came Acrross (cheaser Step 2)

2.3 Blue Fade to 100%, Red Fade Out, Yellow and White Fade in to 100% (Cheaser Step 4)

2.4 Bright Light Scene (static)

PUCH GO

Next Light Scene (Static)

Is this somehow Possible whit the Jesser88 24/48

And yes, i know With MIDI it would go when i make an Audiofile For the Show and Set A MIDI Note for The GO BUTTON, but this is no Option currently.

Greetings Mario Magersuppe

Hi,

The only way to do this on the Jester 24/48 would be as you described. If you choose the slow chase open (and manually pressing GO at the end), I'd probably record the same last step several times, so the last step stays active for longer. This would mean I have more time to press the GO button without worrying that the chase will start again.

On our ML versions of the Jester there are "auto followons" which would do exactly what you want, but unfortunately these aren't available on the standard Jester consoles.

All the best

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control