Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Palletes

sam.henderson

OK- Here is my big question, Palettes!

I am slightly dim and have asked this question before however I still don't get it, so I need some help.

I get the idea that palletes are like a colour/ beamshape/ possition etc. that you program and then when it is changed it autmaticly changes all of the cues with referance to that pallete, but i don'tt get how to use them so these are my questions.

How do you program a new pallete?

How do you edit a pallete?

How do you program using a pallete?

I am doing a show quite soon and it would be really helpful and make the programming time so much quicker if I could use them effectivly!

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam

[*] Home your fixtures tag the fixtures you want to be stored in a palette

and choose "colour" then wheel in your favorite colours for the fixtures

press and hold down colour switch and now press a channel flash button

for about 3 sec. now the channel flashbutton LED should lit.

[*] To run a palette just tag the fixtures you want to change attributes stored

before in a palette, press and hold colour knob then press the channel-

flashbutton wehre your palette was stored before.

[*] This could be done by each 'LTP' value colour/beamshape/position

[*] by using the 'group button" you can group your fixtures i.e. scans,

washes,movers etc.

[*] You are also able to look the palettes when you run desksoftware 9.0

To lock a palette press and hold down colour,beamshape or position

then press the F1 key now the palettes are

locked and you can change attributes by pressing the channel flash

buttons.

Hope this helps

regards

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Programming, naming, referencing, outputting and clearing palettes are all described in pages 7-6 and 7-7 of the Frog Series Operating Manual :P

There isn't an edit palette function as such. This is due mainly to the fact that palettes were added in one of the feature updates, and there isn't a palette button or palette screen, in the same way that there are memories, submasters and SX buttons and screens. Therefore, programming palettes etc. had to be implemented in a slightly different way.

However, if you output a programmed palette, add in the new fixtures, or remove any you don't want - check that all the required fixtures are tagged and then program the palette, this will be the equivalent of editing it :P

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Programming, naming, referencing, outputting and clearing palettes are all described in pages 7-6 and 7-7 of the Frog Series Operating Manual :P

There isn't an edit palette function as such. This is due mainly to the fact that palettes were added in one of the feature updates, and there isn't a palette button or palette screen, in the same way that there are memories, submasters and SX buttons and screens. Therefore, programming palettes etc. had to be implemented in a slightly different way.

However, if you output a programmed palette, add in the new fixtures, or remove any you don't want - check that all the required fixtures are tagged and then program the palette, this will be the equivalent of editing it :P

OK- What I am planning to do is program a whole show pretty much on the Phantom Frog but as I have no idea of positions I was planning to do all position programming using a palette (e.g What I would do is program pallets like Drummer, Back of Stage, Auditorium, Singer Downstage left etc.) and then when I got into the venue just edit the palettes so the palette DRUM PLAYER is actually focussed on the drum player. But to do this I would obviously need to edit the palettes. Can I do this??

Sam

To edit your pallete, you just tag the fixtures that you are creating a pallete for, roll your new values and click on the program pallete. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the data there, just say yes to all and click OK. You now have new value for that pallete.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Devouassoux

Capital Community Church

Hi Sam,

If you program submasters or memories using the stored palettes

i.e. position drum-raiser then in other venues you have only to "correct" this palette - it will be called by memory or submaster !!

regards

Sebastian

(back from tour)

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone