Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

FLX Theatre Stack

robhurt

Hello

I'm new to the forum so hello everyone! I'm hoping someone with a bit more knowledge will be able to give me an insight into the Theatre Stack capabilities of the FLX. I'm currently using a Fat Frog and thinking of upgrading to something a bit more suitable now that I'm using more LEDs and fixtures.

Could someone give me an overview of the theatre stack and it's capabilities, and demonstrate (via screenshot if possible) the Move on Dark feature (which I would use in almost every cue!).

Many thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob,

every of the 241 playbacks the FLX have is in fact a cue stack, so there are a lot of possibilities to use them. 240 playbacks are faders with Go-Button. There is an additional playbackfader with a larger go button and a pause button which is meant as a theatre stack.

There are options to trigger cues or cue stacks by realtime (clock), macro or automatically as chaser or individually per cue after the previous cue is active for a specific time.

Maybe you should have a look at the FLX using the Phantom, because there you have "interactive" screenshots ;)

Regards

Hi Rob,

every of the 241 playbacks the FLX have is in fact a cue stack, so there are a lot of possibilities to use them. 240 playbacks are faders with Go-Button. There is an additional playbackfader with a larger go button and a pause button which is meant as a theatre stack.

There are options to trigger cues or cue stacks by realtime (clock), macro or automatically as chaser or individually per cue after the previous cue is active for a specific time.

Sounds fantastic - thanks very much! I'm really looking forward to properly getting my hands on it!

Rob

"Move on Dark" happens automatically (unless you turn it off, which you can do per Playback). You can also set a "fade time" and "delay time" per Playback for Move in Dark - which means the console will wait x second after the fixture goes dark before it'll move ("delay time"), and it will take y seconds to do the move ("fade time"). Additionally, per cue you can specify for Move on Dark not to happen during that cue - so for example maybe it's a very quiet cue, so you don't want all your moving lights and scrollers to start doing things!

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

"Move on Dark" happens automatically (unless you turn it off, which you can do per Playback). You can also set a "fade time" and "delay time" per Playback for Move in Dark - which means the console will wait x second after the fixture goes dark before it'll move ("delay time"), and it will take y seconds to do the move ("fade time"). Additionally, per cue you can specify for Move on Dark not to happen during that cue - so for example maybe it's a very quiet cue, so you don't want all your moving lights and scrollers to start doing things!

Many thanks Jon - much appreciated!

Rob