Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chilli Error

JB97

Hi,

At school today we had lights on and then our whole second bar stopped working. I believe we have a chilli inductive, and we use a Jester ML 24 to operate the lights. We could smell burning both near the lights and in the lighting box. I believe it is an issue with the dimmer but I have no idea. Any thoughts?

(Just for record this was reported and a qualified electrician will be coming in to sort out the issue)

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

With anything like this, advice would always be to get someone experienced and qualified to take a look at the problem, which it sounds like you're doing, so I'd leave it to them :-)

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

With anything like this, advice would always be to get someone experienced and qualified to take a look at the problem, which it sounds like you're doing, so I'd leave it to them :-)

Yeah, I wouldn't try to fix the problem my self, I just wondered what could have caused the issue that's all :-)

If you have not done so already I would advise you isolate the dimmer until you have had it assessed.

Continuing to use this if there is a problem can result in more serious issue occurring.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

If you have not done so already I would advise you isolate the dimmer until you have had it assessed.

Continuing to use this if there is a problem can result in more serious issue occurring.

Yeah, when the lights went out, I went up to the desk, noticed the burning smell in the box at the same time as they noticed the burning smell in the theatre itself and I shut off the mains power to the dimmer

I just really want to know the cause