Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Theatre Upgrade

ChrisLucas

Hi

We're in the process of upgrading our Theatre lighting system. Were going for LED and a new desk and some dimmers to keep the old FOH Profile spots.

We've been quoted for the following and I'm trying to see how it would all fit together on a Solution desk. We have an older 48 dimmer Zero88 desk and Strand dimmers at present. These new desks are a lot different....

Solution desk

Chilli 1210 dimmer pack

ADJ - 12 Par Hex

ADJ - 5Par Hex

ADJ - Ultra Hex Bar 6

Any info would be most useful but the personalities would be great as I can't find anything like them in the latest Fixture library. I could only include 1 pdf as the other 2 would not fit. Sorry.

Cheers

Chris

Buckley Theatre Club

12p_hex.pdf

Hi Chris,

Here are the profiles for the following fixtures:

- American DJ 5P Hex (6ch, 7ch, 8ch and 12ch modes)

- American DJ 5P Hex Pearl (6ch, 7ch, 8ch and 12ch modes)

- American DJ 12P Hex (6ch, 7ch, 8ch and 12ch modes)

- American DJ Ultra Hex Bar 6 (6ch, 7ch, 8ch and 12ch modes)

adj.ift

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jon

I'm sure there will be questions but just not yet.

An update on what has happened.....

We have decided to go for the FLX desk on advice through our suppliers from their rep at Zero88.

It looks like a good desk and a bit easier to program colour wise anyway.

Our old dimmers have gone along with a lot of wiring and mess. We've rebuilt the roof (had to be jacked up to get the old dimmer rack in) and we're in the process of rebuilding the wooden wall where all the old trunking has gone. Should be a LOT neater when it's finished. Our suppliers are coming in on Friday to start the install and will continue till it's finished, they said.....

I'm getting excited... LOL

My next task is to get you guys up here to North Wales to train some of us on how to drive the Desk. Who do I need to contact for this? we're looking at Week begining 3rd August if at all possible as I'm still on holiday then.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

August is a really busy time for us with Festivals etc. Tyler is probably the best person to talk to for training during August - drop him an email on TylerHolpin@Eaton.com

Hopefully he'll be able to help you further.

Cheers

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control