Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester 24 ml

emily5239

Hi all , I have a small amount of knowledge.. and I stress small, I found a jester 24 ml in a plastic box under some gym kits and dug it out I have plugged it all in and it works! amazing, cans look great, but I have a few questions that I just cant find the answers to in the manual:

* I have done a few chase in the memory - not sub- and when I go to select RUN the led doesn't light up and it goes to preset instead or back to program , if I press edit tho it just plays that one chase and doesn't not go to the next one below?

* I have connected a keyboard but could do with a map of functionality, is there anywere I can get one?

* I have a LEDCON-2 chase remote controller I also found in a another box with no manual and aload of rubbish , how do I connect? all these look very new and unused shame that why I want to get them working again and so I learn too :)

thanks

emily

Hi Emily,

* I have done a few chase in the memory - not sub- and when I go to select RUN the led doesn't light up and it goes to preset instead or back to program , if I press edit tho it just plays that one chase and doesn't not go to the next one below?

If you're in Program mode, you should just tap "Mode" and it switches to Run. If you press and hold "Mode" it should go to Preset. Are you saying that's not happening? Can you get into Setup by pressing and holding SHIFT and MODE together? If so, go into Setup, press the Up arrow to get to <Test Mode>. Is the middle line of the LCD blank, like the first image, or does it have something written in it, like the second image. If it has something written in it, what does it say?

test.png

* I have connected a keyboard but could do with a map of functionality, is there anywere I can get one?

The keyboard just makes it quicker to type in letters or numbers (rather than using the 10 Multi-Functional Keys). You can also use the left/right/up/down/enter keys.

* I have a LEDCON-2 chase remote controller I also found in a another box with no manual and aload of rubbish , how do I connect? all these look very new and unused shame that why I want to get them working again and so I learn too :)

Do you mean this product? You would use this *instead* of the Jester console, not as well as. It might be worth contacting them directly about that product to give you some more information.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control