Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Compatibile wings ~ Patching more than 48 dimmers on Solution

federico.m

Ciao

Thank you for leting me in to the comunity for Zero88 users. I work with Solution console for quite some time now, and its great desk but there are some things hard to figure out or find information online.

I would like to know what external wings are available and supported for Solution console running latest ZerOS? Is there any other than Enttec playback wing that we already have? And how many of these wings can be connected at once?
I noticed that curently, when wing display assigned to be for submasters pages, sometimes does not show page correctly if I move fast through pages (only on wing, on desk it shows ok), until I switch again slow. Is this just like this, and can't be fixed, or is this some bug?

There is no info for "Wings" menu in the manual... :/

One more thing I cant solve is, for patching more then 48 dimmers on the desk. As I understand, wing can be assigned to do anything, so I made flash buttons and faders to be "Preset flash 49" and on, and "Preset Fader 49" and on. But when in patch, if I then add new dimmers and select this with wing, I get dimmer destination as 1/49, 1/50 etc... so they look like they are set to be patched, but then pressing the "Finish" button does nothing. The window doesn't close, and I cant save that new patches on that channels. Why is that and how to fix this?

Another thing, I know fixtures can be patched to "DMX In" location if using external desk, but its a little bad I can't patch them without having DMX In with me... button for choosing "DMX In" location would be useful. As well as being able to control this aditional dimmers with wing instead of line in...

You need to have DMX device on the input to patch directly "DMXIn" fixtures. You can use empty MFK's fixtures position to patch dimmers to, and set the DMX In address in "Edit fixtures" menu. This way, you will also be able to manually control those dimmers using your third wheel on Position page (Intensity), same as for inteligent lights. This way you can also still patch them in submasters and memories....

Note: Even if you have external DMX device on the input, it needs to have Flash buttons, if you only have faders, you won't be able to patch it. Console will only detect it if it snaps (= 0 to >95% in the moment...), so you can't use fader for this. You can use fader only device though, if you patch via MFK as described above.

Wings: Enttec programming wing and Shortcut wing seems to not work, so I'd guess playback wing is the only one supported....