Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Working a chase on a submaster

hansdev

Good day. I just created a chase with a couple fixtures; ie. I've place my five fixtures into a fix spot on stage, then they alternately turn on and off on each steps of the chase. That was done using the shutter set at 0 and 255. ; when this chase is copied from the memory to a submaster, and I move my slider up on the console, nothing happens. Can someone help me with this.

The second chase that I created, I had three studio color 250 move from stage to the back wall in off mode, light turns on and the color varies. Then it travel from the back wall to the stage where the band is, stops on them. When I cary that chase from memory to a submaster, nothing happens.

Ok, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Devouassoux

Capital Community Church

When you say "copied" or "cary" - do you mean "transfer"? Since this is the only way to get a chase on a submaster.

Things to check:

Make sure the LTP trigger level for the submaster is set to something useful like 5%.

If your chase drive is manual or beat (release 9.0 feature), the STEP button in the submasters section is now the one to use, not the STEP button in the Playback X section.

Make sure in Desk Setup-->Desk Defaults-->Submaster (accessed through Super User), the Sub Data field is set to Gen&Fix, not Generic.

If your still having trouble, email your show to us (techsupp@zero88.com) and we'll take a look at it.

If you have done everything that Paul suggested then I can't see why the chase should not run on the submaster.

Which version of software have you got in your desk ?

If you could send us a copy of your show with details of the chase memory concerned, maybe we can figure out why it isn't running 8O

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Seems a really obvious question to ask but just thought i'd check

Are all the correct masters up??

Also try programming channel data streight to a submaster and see if this works?? If so it may be something you are doing wrong whilst transferring.

SAM

K-Nine ~ I'm using ver. 9.0. Also, I don't have a copy of the file here with me, but will get it tomorow night when I get back to the church and email it ot you.

Sam ~ Yes, on all the masters. I have them up as they should be. This weekend, I will try to program directly into a submaster. In regards to the transfer, they are only two methods. Transfer with time and Transfer without time. I've tried both, and no sugar.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Devouassoux

Capital Community Church

K-Nine ~ I'm using ver. 9.0. Also, I don't have a copy of the file here with me, but will get it tomorow night when I get back to the church and email it ot you.

Sam ~ Yes, on all the masters. I have them up as they should be. This weekend, I will try to program directly into a submaster. In regards to the transfer, they are only two methods. Transfer with time and Transfer without time. I've tried both, and no sugar.

Cheers,

Hans

OK- It will be interesting to see if you can program directly to submaster. It sounds a very starnge problem and not one I've ever come across. :roll: :roll:

SAM

Hi,

my desk behaves similar to yours after the update to ver 9.0.

but it was no problem to reanimate it, as Paul´s advice

Make sure in Desk Setup-->Desk Defaults-->Submaster (accessed through Super User), the Sub Data field is set to Gen&Fix, not Generic.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone