Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

issues with faders on leapfrog 96

Lightworx

a leapfrog96 at a local theatre has issues with its submaster faders , ie when i lift up submaster 25 submaster 30 also goes on , i lift up submaster 13 and submaster 18 goes on also , is this because of faulty faders that need replacment or is it a software issue , i wiped the desk repatched the dmx and re programmed the desk still the same problem

my apologies for being rude, just woke up after an all nighter , good day to everyone and i hope you are all enjoying a nice sunny sunday afternoon wherever you are

thanx guys

Hi. I had this problem with an old leapfrog and it turned out it was a faulty fader that needed replacing As it had a lot of dust and grime in it.

Having saiD that i would test the fader feedback before taking it to your local zero88 dealer. To check the feedback go to setup then select desk setup then event monitor. This opens a window that shows every event that the console sees. When in this screen slide the different sub faders up and down and see of the desk is seeing the correct input. If it is i suspect it is a software issue (re install the software) if the desk is seeing odd or incorrect input i expect it will be a hardware issue and you may need to replace the faders.

Hope this makes sense and is of help to you.

As keredyelesob says, check how the faders are displaying in the Event Monitor. It sounds like a hardware issue. Drop Keith an email (our Service Manager) who'll be able to help you further.

To check the feedback go to setup then select desk setup then event monitor.

(in the more recent versions of ZerOS, go to the Output Window, choose "other windows", choose "system settings" and then choose the "event monitor" tab along the top.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control