Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

controlling leapfrog 48 with scs

jensorium

Hey

I am using a leapfrog 48 (without upgrade kit) and show cue system professional. (windows 7)

Is there any possibility to run the next q by hitting the go button in show cue system?

My idea was to send an dmx to the console but I can only run submaster via dmx in. and scs can't send dmx.

Any idea? Artnet?

I don't wanna hit two go buttons any longer or hit time cues.

Thx

Jens

Hi

I also have SCS (Professional) and having looked at the SCS online comparisons it looks like you'd need SCS Professional Plus for DMX working - that said, sending of MIDI/RS232 from SCS is permitted in SCS Professional.

The manual [ http://www.showcuesystems.com/scs11help/topics/prod-cc-dmx.htm ], also seems to read that the SCS software only works as DMX in; i.e. DMX sent from a console - " For DMX Control you need an Enttec 'DMX USB PRO'. (Note that the cheaper Enttec 'Open DMX USB' is not suitable as this only supports DMX Send, not DMX Receive.)" [ http://www.showcuesystems.com/scs11help/topics/scs-features.htm ] [ http://www.showcuesystems.com/scs11help/topics/prod-cc-dmx.htm ]. The last thing I found was "SCS also has the ability to activate cues from MIDI, RS232, DMX and Telnet input messages (provided you have the appropriate license level)" - note that DMX is striked out which reads that SCS is not able to send DMX :(

Midi would seem an option but you would need the console upgrade kit fitted?

I welcome any clarification on this :)

Regards

Mike

Hi Both,

Yes - the "proper" way to do this is via MIDI Show Control (MSC) using our SMPTE/MIDI/Remote/CAN PCB Upgrade Kit.

List price is £108 / €135, and it's part number 12-123-99.

If SCS was to allow DMX Out (I'm not too familiar with the software), you could potentially use DMX to trigger the submaster, and then run a macro on that submaster to press GO - but that really is a workaround rather than a nice solution.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 3 weeks later...

Hey

thanks for the replies. I didnt get an email about new replies, so sorry for my late reply.

SCS doesnt support DMX out (in none of the levels), just MIDI.

Yes i could buy this upgrade kit, but i need it just some weeks each year, so i would prefer a solution with an DMX interface.

Running the Submaster with the Macro works perfect, so i have to find a solution to convert midi to DMX. Do you have aby Idea?

Or is there any other Idea running "GO" without the upgrade Kit?

Thanks a lot

Jens