Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Loading crossfades into memory.

barefootcoder

Hi
This probably sounds an easy operation but for the life of me I can not get this to work and would welcome some input please. I am trying to fade out a few channels and fade in a few channels into one operation I.e. one memory.
It just won't work and I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone spare me a couple of mins to explain this to me. Thanx very much.

Hi barefootcoder,

This shouldn't be too hard - go into "program mode", select a memory (using the up and down arrows), move the faders to the intensities you want, and press the "program" button (the glowing one!). Now move the faders so you have a different lighting state, and press the "program" button again.

Now, go into "run mode", make sure the "Memory Master" fader is pushed up, and press the glowing button (which should now be green, and act as a GO button) to switch between the two memories.

Hopefully this helps?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi.

Can you clarify if you want to fade some channels up and some channels down *at the same time* or if you want to fade some channels, wait a moment then fade some different channels.

The first is just a programmed memory (that's what a memory does, I'm sure you know that), the second would be a sequence of two memories, with the second with an Auto trigger and a Dwell time [Jon, assume you can do such things on a Jester as you can on a Frog...]

ETA - Just had a look at the Jester manual, didn't see anything that said you could do Auto triggers and Dwell times... sorry, my bad. So the second option would just be two sequential memories, both started with the GO button.

Kevin

Thanks Jon, sorry to have muddied the waters.

PJ - please clarify what you are wanting to do if you want some more help. My reading of your original post just says "its a normal single memory", but as this is such a basic piece of functionality that I'm assuming you must understand to be even using the desk, I must be misunderstanding what you are wanting to do!

Regards,

Kevin

Thanx for all the replies guys.

OK let's say for ease of explanation lx1 is channel 1 and 2 fade up. I need the next cue (lx2) to fade down channels 1 and 2 and fade up channel 3 and 4 at the same time.

Thanx

PJ

"Just program exactly that". i.e

Set faders for channels as required.

Program (e.g. memory 1)

Set faders for channels as required (it's fine that ch1, ch2 are lower values, ch3 ch4 are higher)

Program (e.g. memory 2)

Job done

When you play back the memories, then the channels will fade to the value you programmed. It doesn't matter if these values are higher or lower than they were before, they will fade to the new level.

i.e. you don't have to do anything crazy like splitting up those channels fading up to those channels fading down into separate memories - unless you really want to spilt the time at which these fades occur.