Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fat Frog Custom Fixture

leejlight

Hiya

The software info is displayed on boot-up but can also been seen when in super-user mode. Take a look at page 65 of the manual;

http://zero88.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/51/58/frog-range-operating-manual-issue-6-en

Regarding a custom fixture, you can create your own using the fixture editor but you may find a generic fixture already created for you in the latest fixture releases and don't forget that you can run LED battens, etc on channels set as dimmer too.

Regards

Mike

I have updated to the latest software and have created a fixture in the editor as it wasn't in the latest library release.

When I go to assign fixture from floppy disk, it allows me to assign the manufacturer but not the fixture type (page 55 no.9 in manual). The arrows, + and - buttons do not work so I cannot cancel either. I can only press enter which comes up with 'error you must select a fixture type first'. I then have to reboot the desk to get rid of the message.

Any ideas?

something that can cause this is the name of the fixture, you are limited to about 13 characters, if it is too large it may not appear in list.

if you want me to check the fixture out then please send it to the address below.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 5 weeks later...

I have updated to the latest software and have created a fixture in the editor as it wasn't in the latest library release.

When I go to assign fixture from floppy disk, it allows me to assign the manufacturer but not the fixture type (page 55 no.9 in manual). The arrows, + and - buttons do not work so I cannot cancel either. I can only press enter which comes up with 'error you must select a fixture type first'. I then have to reboot the desk to get rid of the message.

Any ideas?

Are you saying the arrow/+/- buttons on the desk don't work? Have you got a PS/2 keyboard you can plug in to use the arrow keys on that instead?

I'm a bit confused whether your problem is using the keys to actually select the fixture or whether once you've loaded the fixture you have a problem. Maybe you could clarify.

• 4 months later...