Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

odd behaviour with channels 14,16 and 33

keredyelesob

Recently my desk has started ignoring dimmers associated with preset sliders 14,16 and 33. If i select them and use the wheels the dimmers respond. The output window also relects this behaviour. If i go to clear options and reset the desk all works again, but when i power the desk down and turn back on the same behaviour happens. The event window shows that the sliders are working fine. Any advice?

Hi the version is 7.7

I rolled the version back months ago because V7.8 had problems when storing pre-setts (it tagged all parameters in all types of pre sets) . Also I am not keen of the order the clear button works now. I prefer the old order (memory then fixture) it would be good if this can be put in as a user option within the desk setup screens. although this is a different subject and I have already posted it into another thread Note. that has not been responded to. http://zero88.com/forum/topic/6850-zeros-7812/

If you would like my blank show file please let me know and i will replicate it again.

Many thanks

Hi Keredyelesob,

Sorry for the delay in replying, however please be aware that the forum is not the place to come for instant answers - you should use our support number and support email for urgent enquiries, the forum is for discussion, and where end users can help each other out. I of course try and reply to everything as quickly as possible, but sometimes I'm not always in the office (and sometimes... I'm on holiday too!).

A showfile would definitely be useful to know why those channels aren't working.

Best regards

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

I have fixed the problem by just re installing an older version of the firmware.

I do understand the forum post don't get instant replies but I see a lot of un-answered posts on here often dating back from months (very frustrating for a user). I will email from now on if that get a reply.

Thanks for your reply anyway, appreciated.