Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Bug modifying colour-attack

ice

I seem to have found a minor bug in the new software versions. I created a colour-chase with a fixture, just recorded 2 steps with 0 and 255 as values.

When running the chase, I press COLOUR and then adjust the attack parameter. I can effectively use it to alter the attack to fadein-fadeout, but returning it to snap won't work? I've also tried the same thing using beamshape / position parameters, it seems to work fine with those.

You can easily recreate the situation for testing matters. The colour-action was set to snap, and i used a normal chase with 2 steps (as described).

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

I was running on a submaster I think. I created the chase with only the colour attribute (so pressed colour+program), set the colour to snap, and transferred it onto a submaster. When I output the chase (output screen shows 0->255->0 and so on), select the fixtures and press COLOUR+attack, the attack changes! The values start running up from 0 to 255 and back again; so it does work. But now I tried to set the attack back to snap (that's the first option, right? |_| that one turned 180 ;)), but the values didn't.

I had no fixtures attached at the moment (was at home), so I don't know if it even was a visible error. Anyway; I guess the first option should display 0->255->0 again, or is that my mistake?

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

OK, just tested it here again on the fat frog and it appears that for colour chases running on a submaster, you can adjust the colour attack from snap to fade but not back from fade to snap :oops:

I have tried it with beamshape and position chases running on submasters and they appear to work fine 8O

Frog Reference No 5475 - Live adjustment of Colour attack for chases running on submasters - cannot change from fade to snap - Bug.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace