Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Effects Generator

Lights4Rent

I have just created a few new fixture profiles to use with my Fat Frog and for some reason they don't respond to the effects generator. All other functions seem to be fine and I have full control of the fixture except for that. I've gone through the fixture editor a few times and can't locate what I maybe doing wrong. I have created profiles before and not had this issue but admittedly it has been some time so I may have forgotten a simple step. Other fixtures that are already in the console work fine. I am running the latest version software. Any help would be appreciated before my show this weekend.

Daniel Glass

Lights4Rent

Well thankfully I figured it out on my own and it was a simple mistake. Because I was creating new profiles and I kept going back to make small changes I somehow along the way turned off the "special" tab to none instead of having it set for Pan or Tilt. I sincerely love this console and the only thing I wish is that it was a Bull Frog so I could control more movers. Although I actively use more current consoles on most shows (other manufacturers) I always enjoy getting the Fat Frog out and using it. if you get a chance I recommend it.

Daniel Glass

Lights4Rent