Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Blind Edit.

richard_cooper

Spent a few minutes today checking out the new software. I've either found a bug or I'm being dense. After using blind edit to alter generic levels, a window pops up asking if I want to save changes, if I select yes changes are lost and if I select no they are kept. :? I'll check again tomorrow on the desk, but the new Phantom Frog seemed to do the same.

Yep, I have had that exact same problem on my Phantom Frog today and yesterday!!

Any Answers from the great power that is K-9 and Z88??

Sam

PS- Well Done guys at Z88 for such a fantastic release, I can honestly say that you are one of the best companys I have ever delt with (mainly because you listen to what people whant and then you go away and do it!

Thank You

I've also spotted this - easy to get wrong if your in a hurry!

When you select N (meaning Y) the screen returns to the preview screen but does not update to include the edit made unless you exit and re-enter preview - makes you think the edit has failed.

Also if you press Go while in blind edit the desk runs the cue in blind edit (not the next on the cue list). I realise its in the way you choose the cue to preview but it prevents the operator continuing to run the show while doing the blind edit.

Shame we didn't get a chance to Beta this before release.

Live chase modifiers are great.

Rds Gerry.

Right just did one more test to be sure.

I will talk you through what I did step by step

1st- Programmed a scene where Faders 1-6 were FF

2- Ran another memory (Playback and Grand Masters Up)

3- Seleceted the other programmed memory

4- Pressed Preview

5- Pressed edit

6- Modified the scene so Fader 10-15 were FF

7- Clicked on edit again to exit

8- Channels modified, Do you want to save Changes?

9- Selected Yes and hit the enter button

No change???

This was on Phantom Frog- It must be a bug.

Sam

I have just tested this on a fat frog desk here and there are a couple of bugs in Edit blind:

• The save options on exiting edit seem to be in reverse.

The edited channel values are not shown on the Preview screen after exiting Blind Edit.

We are looking into these bugs at the moment and should have a new software version with them fixed shortly.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Also if you press Go while in blind edit the desk runs the cue in blind edit (not the next on the cue list). I realise its in the way you choose the cue to preview but it prevents the operator continuing to run the show while doing the blind edit.

Shame we didn't get a chance to Beta this before release.

Live chase modifiers are great.

Rds Gerry.

In order to edit a memory blind, you first have to select it. The act of selecting the memory makes it the NEXT memory automatically.

Bran Media | Myspace

I have just tested this on a fat frog here and there are a couple of bugs in Edit blind:

Even a fat frog is a real frog isn´t it ?

Greetz

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

In order to edit a memory blind, you first have to select it. The act of selecting the memory makes it the NEXT memory automatically.

Is there anyway of getting round this K-9 9poos add it when you change the endit blind probs??

You can see the problem though if we have to edit it sugnifficantly for a long time we have to still run the show!!

Sam

I don't think this is something we can simply change at the moment as it has been one of the fundamental ways that the Current/Next and memory selection philosophy has worked from the very first issue of the frog software.

When the user selects a memory it could be for any of a different number of reasons:

to output it next on pressing Go, edit live, edit blind, preview, copy, transfer to a submaster, transfer to an SX button (Mambo), clear.

The desk has no way of knowing why you have selected it, until you carry out the next operation.

Bran Media | Myspace

However, when pressing Preview you must have already selected a memory, as you cannot preview an unprogrammed memory.

Therefore you are previewing the selected memory which is a valid operation in its own right. The desk cannot tell when you press Preview, if you wish to preview the memory or are subsequently going to edit it blind 8O

Bran Media | Myspace

Yes, but how about adding adding a feature that while in the preview screen the +/- keys will step back and forward through the memories without changing the next cue in the stack. Once you are previewing the right memory you can then hit edit. This would also make looking at the contents of cues easier.

Thats what I was trying to say

Sam

Yes, but how about adding adding a feature that while in the preview screen, you can step back and forward through the memories without changing the next cue in the stack. Once you are previewing the right memory you can then hit edit. This would also make looking at the contents of cues easier.

Frog Reference 5430 Allow previewed memory/submaster/SX to be changed without closing preview window.

Bran Media | Myspace