Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Laggy desk

Dan West

Hi guys

Experienced a problem with my solution desk on Sunday halfway through a show.

I was programming some effects into a cue when the desk almost as if could and handle all the data.

I had generic lights up, programmed a rainbow effect across 10 led parcans, a small circular motion on 6 movers and as I went to program 2 other movers to do a a circular motion, after pressing the effect the desk just stopped responding to anything I did on it, and it would have a 30 second to 1min delay on the lights actually changing. I had a look at the system info and during all this the processor load is about 22% and I'm using half the memory. At the moment the desk is rendered pointless because when I trigger a cue in the memories, with the delay being about 30 seconds the lights don't change on cue. My first love show is this Friday, so I'm worried!!!

I have a video of the desk not playing ball, I'll upload it now and post the link.

Hi Dan,

I see that you are in our Beta Test group, are you running Beta software? If so, there is a discussion about software speed issues within the Beta Forum, and how you get around these.

If not, which version of ZerOS are you running?

Regards

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control