Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Clear Patch does not clear the MFKs

keredyelesob

Hi I have tried this on my desk and also of the phantom software.

If I try to clear my patch setup it does not clear the MFKs although it does clear the patching. i have tried all of the clear options in case it was retaining information from one of the other setups for example the memories may have been using the fixture. the only clear option that works is to opt for a full desk rest, but this is a pain as i then have to enter in all of my memories setup and sub master setup. is this a bug with the OS? I am running V7.7

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I upgraded to 7.8 some time ago and this still seems to be a problem? I have tried on my desk and on phantom Zeros both require you to either remove the fixtures individually through the edit fixture option or you have to do a full desk reset. why doesn't the clear patch option remove the fixtures from the MFK as the fixture is not patched to anything there for is not there?

• 3 weeks later...

Being MultiFunctionKeys e.g. MFK and feasibly useable for other things than Fixture control, why would you want the keys to clear by resetting the patch? You might have macro's or other things programmed on the MFK's that you would want to have stay put.

Clearing the MFK's on a full reset makes sense as it puts the desk in a known state but clearing patch might get done simply by a move between venues.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

Hi iank99 what you say makes sense, but if you where changing the patching for another venue wouldn't you edit the fixtures? By clearing the fixture information you are essentially removing the fixture from the desk, so why would the fixture MFK group still show there is a fixture that can not be interacted with by the desk (as it doesn't exist)?

I am only talking about the fixture MFKs not the other functions that the MSKs serve eg Macros.

this behaviour appears to have been introduced in newer versions of Zeros, this is what makes me think it may be a bug. I can live with it by clearing the patch and then editing the fixtures to remove them from the MFKs. just seems a little odd.

Hi,

I assume you are talking about SETUP > Clear Options > Clear DMX Patch ?

It's the 'DMX' part that's important here. This option is NOT for deleting the fixtures, it's deleting the DMX Patch associated to those fixtures.

To delete the fixtures, go into SETUP > Patch > Edit Fixtures, select the fixtures on the MFKs (you can hold the first one and tap the last one to select all the ones in between) and then use the 'Delete' button on the monitor.

Hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control