Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Software Update - problems installing it

pdodo

The latest software is available from the Zero88 support centre, CLICK HERE. If the file you downloaded opens OK in Winzip then you have downloaded it successfully. There is no need to use any previous versions in performing the upgrade.

If you are unable to format any disks (have you tried another box / brand?) in the desk, then it sounds like the drive in your desk is bad. May be best to get the desk back to a dealer or to us to have the problem resolved.

I have seen floppy disks sometimes completely trashed so they will not reformat in a desk or in a PC, so it might be worth investing in a box of new disks before you write off the drive completely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade a fat frog desk to the new 10.4 software. The desk is currently running version 4.0.2 with a Bios of 2.0.1 Is it possible to go straight to 10.4 or do I need to install any previous versions first. I've tried a couple of times and it halts with a "system terminated" message.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Derrick.

Thank you Paul. I have tried lots of diffrent disks with no joy.

I have now contacted zero 88 service dpt and they confirmed a possible fault with the disk drive. Desk now with the very nice people at Stage Electrics and they are fixing the problem (maybe just the control ribbon to the disk drive.)

So all being well, the desk will be fixed (or replaced) soon, and we can continue to teach our students why it is so important to always buy zero 88 products! (oh, and how to act, dance and sing come to think of it! :wink: )

HARLOW COLLEGE Performing Arts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Well, I've completely and utterly failed to get my Fat Frog to upgrade from 9.8.1 to 10.4. I have successfully upgraded it in the past, but couldn't take it to 10.0 either.

The floppy drive does read fixture library discs OK, so it's not completely broken.

I have tried probably 50 times, using various floppies recorded on different PCs, including formatting the floppy in the desk, and unzipping the software directly to the floppy. I've tried repeatedly up to 10 times with the same disc.

It also won't read the OS disc that was supplied with the desk.

I'm left with two options:

(a) A previous poster said he managed to downgrade to 7.5 and then successfully upgrade. I'd like to try this, but can't find 7.5 anywhere. Where is it?

(B) Replace the floppy drive (desk is out of warranty). The one installed is a Teac. Should I get another one of the same type, or is the preferred make now different? Any specific issues that I should know about?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello fooks,

I've upgraded several times in the past with succes.

Some features were really better after the upgraded.

So now I wanted to upgrade from 9.8 to 10.4.

After inserting the disk and starting up the desk it stops at LCD Upgrade.

Nothing happens after this.

Canceling this upgrade after an hour didn't work also.

Putting disk 9.8 in the desk gives the problem: System Terminated.

Now I can't use this desk: what should/can I do ?

Can you please help me?

L.H. Braber

Grafisc Lyceum Rotterdam VMBO

braber@glr.nl

+31651667161

Hello fooks,

I've upgraded several times in the past with succes.

Some features were really better after the upgrade

So now I wanted to upgrade from 9.8 to 10.4.

After inserting the disk and starting up the desk it stops at LCD Upgrade.

Nothing happens after this.

Canceling this upgrade after an hour didn't work also.

Putting disk 9.8 in the desk gives the problem: System Terminated.

Now I can't use this desk: what should/can I do ?

Can you please help me?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I downloaded the new software and put it on a disk.

The desk recognizes the disk und starts booting.

After some time, the system stalls and say something about validation error.

I tried several times - always the same message.

The desk can be used with 10.4 after a reboot.

I can't recall the exact message, and I can't reproduce it at the moment, since we are having a show and the desk is in use all the time...

Any ideas??

Bye,

Orlando

• 1 year later...

I have downloaded version 10.9. I have followed the installation procedure describe by K-Nine. The installation screen told me that i was installing version 13.3! It reached upto 98% after which the screen read 'Installation Terminated'. I Removed the floppy disk and -thankfully- the desk was still working but running version 10.4(From which i am trying to upgrade).

I tried the whole process from the begining, i.e. downloaded the file again, used a new floppy etc. I got the same results. Can you tell me what i am doin wrong? Thanks!

• 5 months later...
I have downloaded version 10.9. I have followed the installation procedure describe by K-Nine. The installation screen told me that i was installing version 13.3! It reached upto 98% after which the screen read 'Installation Terminated'. I Removed the floppy disk and -thankfully- the desk was still working but running version 10.4(From which i am trying to upgrade).

I tried the whole process from the begining, i.e. downloaded the file again, used a new floppy etc. I got the same results. Can you tell me what i am doin wrong? Thanks!

Hi, I am also having this problem, but with version 10.10. Any help would be appreciated.

After reading these posts, I'm a little disorientated by all the possible solutions! :blink:

Our desk is a Fat Frog currently at version 9.1