Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Solution Xl Desk Appears To Freeze On Initial Boot-Up

mikeb

I've seen that on a number of occasions that our Solution XL desk appears to freeze showing this initial display screen on boot-up. Once powered cycled, the desk boots Ok.

This was seen with the desk when delivered at 7.6.0. I have upgraded to the beta build and dropped back to 7.6.0 and am still seeing the behaviour.

Yesterday I believe that the desk was switched on by a church group who currently use the venue with a scene stored on a sub, but when I arrived there after they had left, the desk was in this frozen state.

Just wondering if this has been seen in testing and if there are any logs I can retrieve?

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have upgraded to the beta build and dropped back to 7.6.0 and am still seeing the behaviour.

Did you see the behaviour whilst running the beta software, or just whilst running 7.6.0?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Jon,

I haven't seen the desk freeze with the beta build but then I haven't left 7.6.22 loaded on the desk longer than I was testing it. I tried to video the start-up today and the desk booted Ok. I can't see it's related but from what I've seen, other staff are switching the desk off at the mains plug and not on the back of the desk - our previous desk was a bullfrog that didn't have a console power switch.

I'll try to pop back to the theatre and play again when I finish here at work.

Regards

Mike