Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Macros Containing Cue-Stack Commands

sfalken

Hello again,

as this question is about a very different topic, I thought it would be best to open a second Topic, I hope it's ok :)

Does the Solution offer a way to control Chasers / Cue Stacks programmed to Submaster faders in a Macro? I am thinking of something I think the ORB offers, like "GO X.Y" or "OFF / Release X.Y"?

I want to link some submasters containing chasers to a Cue stack in order to prevent tracking problems and being able to re-use the same chasers at different points in the Cue Stack.

At the moment, I setup the submaster flash button to Latch and record a Macro containing pressing the flash button, but more likely, I'd prefer being able to put a command into the Macro-box of single cues and control submasters via commands.
Or otherwise, any help how to link a Cue-Stack / Chaser on a submaster to a memory would be very helpful to me.

Thanks & best regards

At the moment, I setup the submaster flash button to Latch and record a Macro containing pressing the flash button

This is how I do it too.

An alternative (which gets a bit complicated) is to patch some channels onto a 'spare' universe (Universe 4 for example), and then connect Universe 4 to the DMX In on the back of the console with a small DMX cable. You can then assign that DMX In address to a submaster (Setup > Desk Setup > Inputs).

When programming, you can programme that channel into the memory, which will then trigger the submaster when playing back the memory stack.

There's no 'proper' way to do it, unlike the ORB.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Thanks for your quick reply, Jon!

I think i will continue doing those submaster links via macro, as almost all of the 96 channels are used on the desk.

Can you in addition say if there is any plan to implement those commands similar to the ORB in later releases?

and - as my last question at the moment - do you have any idea concerning my prior question about the fixture levels window?

Thanks & best regards from Germany

Hi Sfalken,

Can you in addition say if there is any plan to implement those commands similar to the ORB in later releases?

There aren't any plans at the moment, so I've added this request as ZOS-5439

do you have any idea concerning my prior question about the fixture levels window?

I've just replied to the topic: http://zero88.com/forum/topic/6561-edit-tracking-in-chaser-fixture-levels-window/

Best regards,

Jon Hole

Jon, thanks again for your quick replies!

As a second step, it would be great if these command-syntax could support an additional TIME or FADE-command, like GO X.Y FADE 3.0 or something like that in order to use the same chasers in different scenes with different timing; i don't know if the ORB currently supports that?

In general, we would really appreciate if at least the Solution XL would come closer to the ORB concerning some programming features. Originally, we also had a look at the ORB, but as sometimes external productions also use our consoles, we needed that amount of faders to have a quick and simple access to every channel, so sadly we weren't able to choose the ORB, but I hope you guys can help us in the future by adding some of these features :) :) :)

Thanks & best regards

Hi Sfalken,

it would be great if these command-syntax could support an additional TIME or FADE-command, like GO X.Y FADE 3.0 or something like that in order to use the same chasers in different scenes with different timing

I've been coming up with a very similar specification, but I can't promise this too soon I'm afraid :-)

we would really appreciate if at least the Solution XL would come closer to the ORB concerning some programming features

I think you will definitely find this over time. However, the processors are not as powerful in the Solution, so we can't bring you all the features of the ORB! We'll have to do some tests on Solution software to see what we can do.

Originally, we also had a look at the ORB, but as sometimes external productions also use our consoles, we needed that amount of faders to have a quick and simple access to every channel

I think several people were in this situation, which is why we released the ORB XF with the 60 faders which can be Channels, Submasters or Playbacks.

Jon Hole