Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase/auto Save Bug

Dan West

Hi,

Think I may have found a bug in the is.

I was in the middle of programming a chase and got to about 32 steps when the auto save kicked in a saved. At the moment there's nothing programmed apart from this chase which I was trying some new lights out with.after it auto saved, the DMX output's froze and and I couldn't bring anything up or doen. then after a min the faders/movers I had tried to move before all came to life and everyone was back to normal.

Tried it again creating another chase over 32 steps and it did it again.

Using the latest OS

Hi Dan,

Please can you email me the showfile? Can you also let me know exactly what I should do to recreate the issue (what did you program into each step of the chase etc etc).

I think we have solved this issue already, and we are currently internally testing a new software release, so I will load it onto a console tomorrow to see if I can recreate it.

Best regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Dan,

Please can you email me the showfile? Can you also let me know exactly what I should do to recreate the issue (what did you program into each step of the chase etc etc).

I think we have solved this issue already, and we are currently internally testing a new software release, so I will load it onto a console tomorrow to see if I can recreate it.

Best regards,

I will do tomorrow morning first thing.

I have 6 led bars each with 24 blocks of LEDs in. I was just bringing each blue block on step by step.

I have deleted the chase on my saved show but I'll rebuild it in the morning then email the saved show over to you.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Our software engineers have investigated this issue, and have found it to be a duplicate of another issue (ZOS-5260) which we have fixed, and are currently testing.

This fix will be included in the next release of ZerOS (ZerOS 7.7).

Best regards,

Jon Hole

• 2 weeks later...

No need - I've added you to our Beta Test group.

You should find an extra forum within 'ZerOS Consoles' called 'Beta Test' which will have all the instructions and downloads.

Give me a couple of hours... after lunch I'll upload a new version of software (7.6.23)

Jon Hole