Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sync Problems

flyby_dave

Hi there,

I am very used to using the Jester 24/48 desks but recently started working in a theatre which has a Jester ML48 desk. The transition was fairly straight forward for static lights however i don't have much experience with ML Fixtures.

The current hang includes 1 Mac250 Krypton and 1 iMove 250.

I have patched them into the board and can control them individually but the problem comes when I try to program them as a pair. They both moved in opposite directions when using the control wheel. I solved this by rehanging the iMove250 and that seemed to solve that problem...surely I was missing a trick as your desk seems to have more than enough control options?

My new problem is that when I press the Home button the Mac defaults to an open shutter where as the iMove defaults to a closed shutter. Is there any way I can default them so they do the same thing when home is pressed?

I apologise, but as stated I am a real newbie when it comes to ML fixtures and I'm finding it really frustrating and time consuming.

I would love to attend your training day but I am out of the country, so any simple written advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave :wacko::unsure::blink:

I have patched them into the board and can control them individually but the problem comes when I try to program them as a pair. They both moved in opposite directions when using the control wheel. I solved this by rehanging the iMove250 and that seemed to solve that problem...surely I was missing a trick as your desk seems to have more than enough control options?

If you go into SETUP (Shift + Mode), and go down to 'Pan/Tilt Options', you have the choice to invert the pan and tilt, which would have had the same effect as re-rigging the fixture.

My new problem is that when I press the Home button the Mac defaults to an open shutter where as the iMove defaults to a closed shutter. Is there any way I can default them so they do the same thing when home is pressed?

Well spotted! The 'home' position for the shutter was set to closed instead of open. I've attached an updated fixture here - save it to USB, plug the USB into the Jester ML, and then repatch the iMove fixture. Instead of choosing 'Fixture Library', you can choose 'USB' and then choose the fixture from there.

Hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Jon,

Many thanks for your prompt and concise reply. I knew there would have been an easier option to the rehang haha...oh well...you live and learn.

I may be being short sighted but I can't seem to see the attachment you mentioned?

Sorry to be a pain...

Dave

• 2 weeks later...