Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

7.6 update issue

ferg

Hi there,

Got the update yesterday and installed on the console, after the install it asked to do a firmware update, I had a monitor attached so I started the update and after 3 hours or so with nothing but an X in the middle of the monitor I tried a restart, if I ignore the firmware request I can get the monitor to work however the console is locked with nothing in the displays and every LED on.

I have attached a debug file.

Thanks in advance

Ferg

debug_18-3-2013_15-28-49.dat

Hi

Please can you pm on the address below with the serial number of the desk so i can date the hardware and firmware. Will be able to help sort this out from there on.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

Try this:

Run the 7.6 Update via USB Stick again

Reboot the console with the USB stick (7.6 on it) and mouse or keyboard connected

When the update screen with selection boxes comes up, select Co-processor 1 update with mouse or cursor/enter the external keyboard

Co-processor 1 update should start

Reboot the console without any USB devices