Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Move on dark stopped working when inserting a ‘cue only’

firstly I will explain my setup. the desk is set for basic tracking and I have smart tags enabled.

For this problem I have set up a test using one moving light and 4 generics.

If I record a basic cue stack of 5 cues.

Cue 1 has the ML position at X0,Y0 colour white (7) and generic 1 up full (only ML , CNL 1 are @ 100%)

Cue 2 has ML intensity taken down and Generics 2,3,4 add to full (only CNL 1,2,3,4 are @ 100%)

Cue 3 has ML untouched and Generics 2,3 set to 0% (only CNL 1,4 are @ 100%)

Cue 4 has ML untouched and Generics 1 set to 0% (only CNL 4 is @ 100%)

Cue 5 has the ML position at X255,Y255 colour Blue (150) and generic 3 up full (only ML,CNL 3,4 is @ 100%)

All works fine at this point. The moving head moves in dark and lights light when they should.

If I inset a cue (3.5) using the ‘Cue Only’ option.

Cue 3.5 has ML position at X100,Y100 colour Pink (14) all generics at 0% (only ML is @ 100%)

This all works fine for the Generic channels and intensityof the ML. but the Moving head starts moving to the next position and colour (for cue 5) while it is fading down (from Cue 3.5).

I have also tried adding the ‘Don’t Move’ Macros to the cues but they have no effect on the problem cues.

Why has the move on dark stopped working at this point of the stack when inserting a ‘cue only’ step? How can I stop this from happening?

Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry - your original post must have got missed in the post-Christmas catchup!

This is happening because, using ‘Cue Only’, ZerOS is programming hard values into Cue 4, and hence the moving light is doing a live move.

Do you have a showfile that you could send us?

Regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...

It would work fine if the desk didn’t record the hard values for the lights attributes and only record the intensity levels.

Unfortunately this isn't quite the case. We are looking at a way we can cleverly get around this in software, however we need to ensure we don't then cause other issues that are unpredictable to the end user.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control