Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Update Software

Andrew06

Hello,

I am sorry for my bad English.

I could not find an answer to my question.

I have Zero88 Jester ML24. It had software version 3.1 and I upgraded software to version 3.3. After this, lighting desk wrote Bad Dimensioning and some Error. All desk was clean, I do not have any fixtures, shows etc. When I wanted to switch in setup Assign fixture, it wrote me "Out of Memory". When I wanted load old show, it did not work and jumped to Preset Mode.

Do you know where I can find software version 3.1 or how solve this problem?

Please, help me. The lighting desk have to be ready as soon as possible.

Andrew

Hi Franck,

yes, I made a reset of the console after this and it was same. Next day I tried to upgrade software one more time and all was OK. Software was upgraded without problem. I only can not load old show which I save with software version 3.1. When I want to load old show, it do not work and jump to Preset Mode.

Andrew

Hello,

I tried it yesterday and it was same. And I have current version of PC Editor. I loaded show to PC editor, saved it back on USB Stick and when I wanted to load show to Jester it did not work and jumped to Preset Mode again.

This weekend I did three days light show for dance festival with new software version 3.3 and I tried to load show from this festival to PC Editor and it was same as in Jester. It did not work and jumped to Preset Mode. When I load show (in PC editor) that was saved with software version 3.1, it is without problem.

Do you understand me? I do not know how to say it. I am from Czech rep. and I can not speak English very well.

Thank you very much for you help. I am very glad that you try to help me.

Andrew

• 3 months later...

A greeting.

My case is very similar.

I'm trying to upgrade from version 3.0 to 3.3 and also I get the error message "Error 006 Bad Dimensioning Data 30 Count 101"

The update's done correctly, but at the end of the error. I can not charge shows and jump to "Reset Mode". I can not add fixtures, etc..

I tried resetting the lighting desk, with different USB sticks, with different shows download again the update file for version 3.3, but the same thing happens.

When I install the version 3.0 does not give me any error and I can return to work right, loading different shows, adding new fixtures, etc. ..

I could provide a solution to update and work correctly?

Thanks

Fernando

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

When I upgrading it or After upgrading (although I get always the same error) I always

can enter SETUP and reset the console.

When I finish the proccess, I can add fixtures and I can schedule other things too, but

when I try to load some showfile, no matter which one, or when I try read it since a

pendrive, even before I have load and saved by PhantomJester, do not load and passed

to PRESET. From there I leave again add fixtures and the message "Out of Memory"

until I return to reset the console.

If I reload the previous version, V3.0, sometimes I get errors (eg "Error 007, Bad

Channel Size, Data 0 Count 068) and othertimes not, but let me load any of the

showfile, add fixtures and do anything else without problems.

This procedure I have repeated many times, and with version V3.3's always the same.

I have seen the warning not to upgrade to this version of consoles built before the 17th

week of 2008. The serial number is 0011400 0815XXXX mine, “Passed Test Apr 08”.

If it was manufactured before, please you notify me, although I have worked good with

later versions to V2.1.

A greeting.

Hi Johny

This is something we are looking into. For your age of desk woudl install 3.0. The later relesase are all to do with hardware changes to the desk itself, replacement displays etc.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.