Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius 24 Error

We have happily used our Sirius 24 lighting desk for 12 years with no unexplained problems.

Last night (half way through Act 2) the desk spontaneously (I believe I was not touching any control) put every light in the system (all 24 channels) up to 100%. Place was incredibly bright with max house lights and all stage lights – it was amazing that nothing tripped. There was then no control whatsoever – no sliders worked – not even grand master. I switched on the Hall's separate house lights (so that place was not plunged into total darkness) and switched off the board. Switched on again and the board behaved perfectly normally at a start-up. Entered and transferred LX settings and continued to end of show with no problem.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Any advice on what to check? Perhaps it's time that I finally persuade the Committee that we must now get a Frog!

There are a number of things that can cause this.

One of the easiest to check for is desk internal battery.

Make sure is not showing signs of corrosion and if possible measure the voltage that is holding both with and without power on to the desk.

Please PM me on the address below for further details.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.