Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

ML24 Screen fault

Blueshed Studios

Hi,

I have a Jester ML24 which came to me last year with an intermitent fault on the LCD screens where sometimes they wouldnt show the full details of what show be shown. This has slowly got worse to the point where I'm now patching fixtures and using palettes from memory and guess work!!.

The screens are lighting up blue with power its just the writing thats not showing. Its only the 2 screens that are used for the fixture assign and palette labeling the other 2 screens seem tobe fine.

Is this a fixable thing? easier to replace the whole pcb? or is it time to start saving for a new one?!

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

What is the LCD Backlight and Contrast set to in SETUP > Displays Setup

Also, if you could email me the serial number, I can let you know if it's still in warranty.

Regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 6 months later...

A greeting.

I also I have the same model, a "Jester ML24" and the same thing happens to me.

A few months ago it stopped working one of the screens, in my case only the rightmost. Fixed idle for a while, but the same thing happens again.

The screen lights up with blue background, but are not letters or splitter bars.

I adquired it in 2008 so it is no longer under warranty. It would be expensive or complicated repair?

The serial number is {removed by admin}

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

After replacing the PCB at the end of July last year it worked for a couple of shows then started loosing odd screens again. I'm now back to having none of the fixture control screen working! Could it be something other than the PCB as I can't see how a different board would come up with the same problem unless its the ribbon cable or power/DMX in/out board thats got the problem.

Any ideas would be great. I really dont want to have to move away from this desk as it's ideal for working with schools and on simple gigs.

Cheers

Nigel