Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sweep then dim Minimac

coombesy85

I am trying to programme mini macs to tilt down with a blue gobo, then fade out.

I cant do this - can anyone help?

Also how do I cange the Home Function so that the shutter is closed? I tried using the fixture software but got confused and ended up with my mac only having 4 channels!??

I am using a new fat frog and Martin Minimac M4's

Thanks in advance.

There are probably a number of different ways to do this, but the first that springs to mind is to program three consecutive scene memories with the second and third having automatic triggers.

Memory 1 - have the fixture(s) on with the blue gobo in position 1

Memory 2 - move the fixture(s) to position 2. Ensure that position is set to fade and the LTP fade time set to the time you want the transition to take (eg 3 seconds).

Memory 3 - Set the brightness/intensity to zero. Set the fade down time to the required time.

You may need to experiment with the times to get the effect you want but it should work :)

Note: If you had a copy of the Beta software - you could always program it as a 3 step chase :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Also how do I cange the Home Function so that the shutter is closed? I tried using the fixture software but got confused and ended up with my mac only having 4 channels!??

I am using a new fat frog and Martin Minimac M4's

Was the Minimac fixture personality from our fixture library or had it been generated on a PC using the Fixture Type Editor ?

If you have the original fixture personality file and data from Martin I could check what you have and see if I could modify it as you require.

Assuming the fixture personality was correct, it should just be a case of changing the default (home) value of the Shutter parameter.

Bran Media | Myspace

Which Martin Minimac fixture type are you using exactly ?

I have checked our fixture library and there are 12 8O

Minimac Maestro (modes 1 - 4)

Minimac Profile (modes 1 - 4)

Minimac Wash (modes 1 - 4)

From your other post on the smoke machine, it suggests that each of your fixtures uses 10 DMX channels. That would suggest that the fixture you are using is a Martin MiniMAC Profile in Mode 4 ... is that correct ?

Bran Media | Myspace

just tried the fixture editing software again - I though maybe you could load in the minimac mode 4 data, and then edit the values within it - but I couldn't, so i'm completely baffeled!

I have created a new fixture file with the Martin MiniMac (mode 4). The only difference from the original is that I have set the shutter 'home' position to zero which should be closed.

The file can be downloaded from the Fixture File Exchange CLICK HERE

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi you two,

I also checked the MiniMac Library and I noticed there is no Brightness Attribute given. I think, the Minimac can´t realize a fade with the shutter because the is set to snap by factory default working software.

And so even if the shutter/reset channel is set as brightness attribute.

Cheers

the german runaway in austria :wink:

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

Hi you two,

I also checked the MiniMac Library and I noticed there is no Brightness Attribute given. I think, the Minimac can´t realize a fade with the shutter because the is set to snap by factory default working software.

And so even if the shutter/reset channel is set as brightness attribute.

According to the data I have on the MiniMac Profile:

Channel 1 is the Shutter/Strobe/Reset/Lamp On/Off parameter.

It also says that with shutter fade enabled, that DMX values from 0-38 represents shutter closed to open.

I can only assume that somewhere in the manual for the MiniMAC it explains how to enable the shutter fade 8O

You are also right in saying that in the fixture personality file for the MiniMAC Profile the shutter parameter is classed as beamshape, which means that it will be processed LTP.

However assuming that you can persuade the fixture to operate in shutter fade mode, then by setting the Beamshape attribute in the memory to fade and specifiying an LTP fade time, you may actually get the thing to fade 8O

I wish they would have a dedicated brightness/intensity channel like most of their larger fixtures .. it would make life so much easier :evil:

Bran Media | Myspace

Just tried to use the modified mini-mac fixture that K9 made, but the desk cannot even read it! Double checked this on the disc a few times, mmmm!

I have just downloaded the MiniMAC fixture file from the fixture file exchange, copied it to floppy, and successfully assigned a fixture to it on the desk. Therefore, there doesn't appear to be a problem with the file :?:

I could email the fixture file to you directly if you wish.

Bran Media | Myspace

Before copying the fixture personality file onto a floppy disk, we recommend that you format the disk or use a brand new disk.

If you didn't do that, could you try it and see if the desk recognises the disk and/or files.

If it doesn't then it may be a problem with the floppy disk drive in the desk itself.

Bran Media | Myspace

I have used a new disc, and formatted it on the PC, then put the file onto it. When putting it in the desk, it either says there is no disc in the drive, or that there are no fixtures on the disc.

Hi Sam,

Stores the desk your showdata correctly ? - Try to save a show and put ito your PC if you can read the disk normally - then try to format your "new" disk on the desk then copy the file.

If saving of show dosn´t run proper maybe one of your disk drives is currupted

I can load / save shows and use the original frog fixture list in the desk however - ???

Indeed you can ! It´s on the pack content a Original Frog Disk - You should use this disk careful - there is a OS Update on it and this can delete your showdata.

Greets

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone