Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Forgetting Channels

JudgeAmyHost

Hi

We have a Leap Frog 48 at school and for the most part it is great. However the other day we had GCSE performances to family and friends. Everything that was already programmed worked fine; but one group still needed to sort their lights out. Day 1 everything worked great. Day 2 this group came up to program their stuff and the desk had forgotten half of the channels.

Ch 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 didn't register anything when I tried to use them. On the output window they wouldn't display any percentage output value for them when I was using the faders. The other channels worked fine.

To add to my confusion the groups that performed on day 2 that had already programmed their lights all channels worked, but I was unable to add the channels above on the fly if I needed to.

Any ideas what happened? Everything was turned off and shut down as normal after day 1 and as far as I know nothing has been pressed that should have done anything like this.

Hi JudgeAmyHost,

Is the desk still behaving like this?

Could you save the show file and email it to me please? That way we can have a look at all the settings and see if there's anything obvious.

My email is jon.hole@cooperindustries.com

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi,

Thanks for sending me the show file.

As far as I can see, none of the channel faders are working in the currently saved state.

This is because the 'Preset Control' button had been pressed.

In 'Wide Mode' (which your console it set to), this button stores the faders level, and outputs these stored values, allowing you to change the faders to setup another scene, and then use the A/B faders to fade between the stored value, and the new levels that you have just set the faders to.

Hope this helps,

Jon Hole

• 2 months later...

Further to this topic

it appears that our desk (leapfrog 96) struggles to clear these channels from the preset control

holding down the preset control key and running the faders "lost" up and down repeatedly seems to bring them back.

How do you know from the screen what preset the channels are hiding in.

We NEVER use the leapfrog as a preset desk so is there or could there be an option to disable the preset button. other than taping a milk bottle top over it.

the amount of time my board op has informed the crew that a lamp has blown or dimmer tripped and they trapse off to check the dimmers or get the genie lift out to change a lamp.

Very Very annoying for what is now a software / button push problem that we could really do with out .

Please add the disable preset control feature in the next update :)

• 2 months later...

Hi James and Cucolino,

Pressing 'Clear' should clear all these values, no matter which preset these values are in.

This seems to be working for me, but if you have a showfile that this doesn't work in, please email it to me so we can look into this further.

Best Regards,

Jon Hole