Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Stage line Parl-12DMX

olemah

Hi!

Anyone here who could help with a personality file for the Parl-12DMX_(yes, it's a cheapo product). Problem is that it has 4 channels. The first three are RGB and the last is a combo of dimmer and strobe. Values 0-190 is dimmer and above that it functions as a strobe. See manual here: http://www.monacor.no/index.php?id=9&jumpurl=uploads%2Ftx_monacordk%2Fmedia%2F615eb81cdd356a5.pdf&juSecure=1&locationData=9%3Att_content%3A57&juHash=64e82d991ccececa59cd3e12b5ca4a6a60c929ef

Are you wanting to use the strobe settings?

Because they have put the dimmer and strobe together, it's not easy to make an 'ideal' fixture personality for you.

If you don't need to use the strobe setting, I suggest you patch this as a 'RGB+D' fixture (available within 'Standard Fixtures' when you patch your fixture). Then go into SETUP > PATCH > EDIT FIXTURE > TOPSET, select the fixture (press it on the Multi Function Keys) and change it's topset to 74 (the percentage equivalent of 190, which is where the dimmer is at full).

If you do want to use the strobe, the best suggestion I can offer is to do the same as above, but instead of changing the topset to 74, change the 'default' and 'home' settings to 74.

Sorry I can't help much more than that, but the way the light has been manufactured means it's very limiting (it wouldn't have cost them any more to make it 5 channels, and separated out Dimmer and Strobe!).

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control