Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Pre made shows

captaink

Hi everyone, after updating the software from v3.0 to 3.4 which solved the LCD screen problem on our new Jester ML, also with the help of Jon, uploading the profiles for the moving head fixtures, we have run into a problem.

Unfortunately there appears to be a problem with the dmx cable, short or break, or somehow when I assigned the dmx address for the lights, something got messed up which has caused some of the lights not to move, whilst others sit there and behave odd. Because the lights are up some 6.0 meters I now have to get a tower to double check everything is as it should be, e.g. dmx address are set right, along with other settings on the heads are ok.

I know that that programing the moving heads are the same on the ML whatever make of lights you use, however the shows that lighting guys put together varies depending upon , size of venue and,(where you want the lights to point) and of course how complex you want the show.

My question is; are there any examples of pre-program templates that I can upload to the desk that have been programed using the fixtures that I have, or is it just the case of learning how to do this.

My fixtures are 4 x Chauvet Q Spot 260 LED set in basic mode and 4 x Chauvet Q Wash 260 led heads.

As you can gather I’m new to the world of lighting programing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I will be booking myself onto the next Jester ML training session.

Thanks, Karl

somehow when I assigned the dmx address for the lights, something got messed up which has caused some of the lights not to move, whilst others sit there and behave odd. Because the lights are up some 6.0 meters I now have to get a tower to double check everything is as it should be, e.g. dmx address are set right, along with other settings on the heads are ok.

As you've got your fixtures already, this is probably too late - but for your interest have a look at RDM... it would have solved this problem for you, and it's built into the Jester ML Series!

http://www.rdmprotocol.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDM_(lighting)

are there any examples of pre-program templates that I can upload to the desk that have been programed using the fixtures that I have, or is it just the case of learning how to do this.

Unless another user here just happens to have the same fixtures and is willing to give you their show file, we don't have anything like this. Everything varies so much dependant on your rig, this may not be fully useful to you anyway.

Your best option, as you suggested, is to come on one of our free Training courses, which will give you all the information you need.

Cheers,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Thanks again Jon for your reply, I’ll have a look at the links, and once I’ve sorted out the problems I will have a go to see if I can put together something which is usable.

With regard to your training sessions, I understand that you also do this in a London venue, which is closer to me, When is the next one.

Thanks again Jon for the excellent support.

Karl