Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester 12/23 power up error 002

Ian Newton

I have a Jester 12/24 R1 running the latest update V3.4, this desk had started displaying the following error up power up.

Error 002

Bad product ID

Data 253 count 004

I can clear the desk by resetting via the master mode but the program memory is obviously lost

and requires loading again each time the system is powered up.

1. has anyone a similar experience with this jester model?

2. is there is a more permanent solution that will return the board to 'normal' ?

Hi Ian,

Are you sure it's Error 002 and not 003?

Sounds to me like the internal battery has died. They are very easy and cheap to replace. You need to get a CR2032 cell battery, which are available in most stores. You then need to open up the console, and the battery is clipped in on the main board, which is attached to the bottom tray of metal work.

Best Regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Jon

Thank you and yes it was 002 the first time I recorded the error since then I have seen 003 and a varity of Data counts.

The board we have is a rack mounted model in a flight case, removal from the flight case looks straight forward

however, I would prefer to work to a maintenance diagram when disassembling equipment I am not familiar with.

Would you happen to know if there is an assembly drawing I can get a copy of so I can avoid removing screws

uneccessarily?

thanks again

Jon

As the board was no going to be used for a week I decided to have a look anyway, I was relieved to find how simple the

operation was. A new battery and we are back to the normal operation. I shall still contact Kieth Rodger as suggested as

it will be useful to have a diagram to keep with the boards document for who ever gets this task in the future.Perhaps

I will find out why there is no mention of the battery in the manual, or did I miss it?

Thank you for your help

Regards