Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Danno

I seem to have a problem with the zero 88 remote software running on a windows xp computer connecting to an OrbXF.

I am able to see the Orb on the network and so believe it is not a problem with our network but when I try to connect to the desk it comes up with a message saying password incorrect I have tried this with the password on and off from the orb network settings still with no joy the command line is saying the password is invalid.

Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter, It was definitely not a network related issue, the Orb and the PC/ Ipad where all in the right vlan. I have now been able to connect to the desk via the remote devices however it is still not working correctly - The desk has crashed at least once whilst being remotely controlled and even though the remote device is connected to the right vlan with the correct IP address etc I still sometimes cannot see the desk at all to connect to. any thoughts would be great!

Dan