Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Data Input

Augomm

Hello,

[i am very new to lighting, operating and actual installs, I have previously being using a Pulsar Masterpiece 108, and a Level12 plus no shows yet still learning]

I am now using a Zero88 Orb and will be for a long time and have a large number of lights that are not on the Fixture database. I have two questions:

-Is there a fixture database update as new lights are released

-If not, is there a fast way to get the information ready for the desk?

[On a side note, is there any top-tips or recommended web-links for lighting education?]

Thanks in advance for your time!

Regards,

Augo

Hi Augo,

If you go into setup (press SETUP), click FILES and then click DESK INFORMATION, you can see which 'Software Version' and which 'Fixture Library' you are currently using.

The latest Software Version available is 7.1.0 and the latest fixture library is Version 23.00.

If these are not what you are running, you can upgrade them free of charge here:

http://orbdesk.com/downloads/

If the fixtures you require are still not there, please let us know which fixtures you need and we'll make them for you.

Regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control