Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixtures without dimmer on Leapfrog 48?

HeyJo

I wonder how we could get our GLP Juniorscan 2 to work with Leapfrog 48 blackout and maybe masterdimmer??

The Juniorscans don't have a Dimmer but a shutter. But while shutter 0 means off and 255 brings us to full open - there are a lot of other things happening between these values (strobe, music to shutter, etc.).

We would like to have it the way that DBO and master would open and close the shutter because there is no dimmer. But if I attach the shutter to the brightness parameter, DBO works - but I get a lot of "special effects (strobing etc.) in the middle of the master faderway... :-(

I can't find a solution. Any suggestions? This is possible in any DMX-software but how does it work on Leapfrog desks??

Thanx!

Jo

Hi Jo,

There are a few options.

Once you have transfered the shutter to a brightness parameter, you can change the topset so it never goes into the strobe settings etc.

This can be done in SETUP > Edit Fixtures > Topset

If you still want access to the strobe settings, then you just need to make sure that when programming the unit to 'FULL'... you set it to the top of the dimming (probably about half way) instead of right to the top of the channel. That way, it won't dim through strobe, but will still respond to the GM and B/O button.

I hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control