Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Beat Drive Modifier for Chases (Version 9)

K-Nine

Beat Drive Modifier

A new Beat option has been added to the Drive modifier for chases.

The Drive options are now Auto, Vari, Bass, Manual and Beat.

The Beat option is indicated on the front panel by having both the BASS and MAN LEDs lit.

Ther default Beat Rate is 60 bps.

When programming or editing a chase memory - Set the Drive modifier to Beat using the Drive button on the front panel. Then set the actual beat speed by pressing the STEP button twice in the Playback X section of the front panel.

When running a chase with a Beat Drive on the Playback X, Submasters or SX buttons (Mambo) - use the corresponding STEP button on the front panel to adjust the ‘beat speed’ of the chase.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I am presuming that on the new update the chase speed control is being adjusted by the speed pot on the desk?

What I am wondering, as the icing on the cake, would it be possible to have a 'Tap' button (possibly one of the function buttons), thereby allowing you to tap in the beat time. This would have to take an average time over a number of taps, and average out to find the actual rate of the chase?

This is assuming lighting engineers have a sense of rhythm!

Pogo

Yes, the chase speed is adjusted live using the Speed control on the front panel of the desk.

We have introduced a new Beat Drive modifier for chases which allows you to set the 'beat' or speed of the chase by tapping the appropriate STEP button twice 8)

Would that be blue icing or white icing, sir :lol:

Bran Media | Myspace

bit lost...how do you change the indivudal "beat" of a submaster... i assumed theat it would be " enter individual live adjustment mode press F3" then tap the speed..

but that didnt work. i had to press f3 select submaster, press and hold f3 and tap the beat...is that the correct method?

I need a new job

Select the chase(s) to adjust as follows:

To select the current memory on the playback X press the Memories button.

To select a submaster, press the Submaster button and then the corresponding Submaster Flash button.

To select an SX button, press the SX button and then the corresponding SX Selection button.

Adjust chase modifiers as required - see global adjustment.

CLICK HERE for more details ...

bit lost...how do you change the indivudal "beat" of a submaster... i assumed theat it would be " enter individual live adjustment mode press F3" then tap the speed..

but that didnt work. i had to press f3 select submaster, press and hold f3 and tap the beat...is that the correct method?

Firstly, the Drive modifier for the chase running on the submaster has to have been programmed to Beat (the new drive which has been implemented in the Beta version).

If the chase on the submaster is the ONLY chase running on the desk at the time then all you need to do is tap the STEP button in the Submaster section of the desk at the required rate to set the beat.

If there are several chases running and you only want to affect one of them on a submaster, then you do have to press F3, SUBMASTER and select the required sub before tapping the STEP button.

Bran Media | Myspace