Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

why trigger color attribs at 5% submaster ?

johng

Can someone explain why color attributes are only triggered at 5% on submasters ? I find that with LED's because they're not very linear you have a visible brightness level as the submaster comes up with the wrong color (if a previous sub you used had a different colour) until the color attributes are triggered and the color change is then very noticeable. I'd like to change this behaviour - is that possible ? However I'm also thinking there must be a good reason for it being set like that which I'd like to understand as well !

Thanks,

John.

P.S have searched the forums and seen this behaviour mentioned before, but no explanation as to why or whether it can be changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

There's currently no way to change the 5% trigger value on the Jester ML.

It's set to 5% to ensure that Submasters don't get activated automatically due to the tolerances that can be seen overtime on the fader components.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control