Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Memories Stored on faders ?

Aniaki

Hi,

by advance, excuse my english... ^^

Is it possible, on Leapfrog, to use memories on "normal" faders (not with "GO" button, and without time of transfer), just with faders ?

memorie 1 : Fader 1

memorie 2 : Fader 2

memorie 3 : Fader 3

Last weekend, i use a leapfrog for the first time ^^, but i don't understand how to make simply memories on fader ? i just use prepa A and B.... :(

I want buy this product, but if not adapter to theater, i can't by this....

I must be able to control my memories manually...

Excuse me for my question, but it's really important.

All show are not professional's shows in my theater.

At this time, i use STRAND LIGHTING MX48

But i want buy Leapfrog to control my next new automatics too... ^^

Thks for your help

Hi Aniaki,

On the Leap Frog 48 & 96 you could record each of your 'memories' as submasters. There are 10 on the 48 and 30 on the 96, but these each have 20 pages, so that's 200 and 600 submasters.

To record a Submasters, press 'Submasters' and then use the flash buttons under the submaster faders to select the submaster you would like to record onto. You can then record in the normal way (create your scene with the channel faders and press record).

I hope this makes sense, if you have any other questions please let me know.

If you would like to try it, there is free offline software called 'Phantom ZerOS' available to download here: http://support.zero88.com/main/en/download/466

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Great ! Thks for your help.

I have another question....

if i have more of 48 channels (my theater have 60 channels in dimmers), what's procedure to use the channel 49,50,... ? (I say if it's traditional spotlight)

I use the others "DMX Univers" ? But on the desk, with fader ?

Thks

You can patch standard dimmers as 'fixtures' so they appear on the Multi Function Keys on the right when you press 'fixtures'. When you are in 'Add Fixtures' 9inside SETUP) choose 'standard fixtures' instead of a manufacture (it will be at the top of the list) and then there is a normal 'dimmer' in there.

Jon Hole

ok, and the last question.... :)

what's the procedure to modify the patch ? Not add fixture, just modify ?

I test emulator of Leapfrog on my PC, but i don't understand...

Example :

i have a Fresnel on dimmer channel 1, but i want to assign on fader 3. Or dimer channel 52 on fader 5....

is it possible ?

Thks

You can go into SETUP, select PATCH along the bottom and then choose 'Edit Fixtures' along the top. Then go along to 'Patch'. Press the flash buttons of the faders you would like to repatch (such as flash buttons 1, 3 and 5 in your example above). You can then click in the DMX column to change the address. 1/3 means Universe 1, DMX Channel 3.

I hope this helps,

Jon Hole

• 2 months later...

hi,

i have purchase my leapfrog 48. ;)

But i don't understand to change my patch.

You can go into SETUP, select PATCH along the bottom and then choose 'Edit Fixtures' along the top. Then go along to 'Patch'. Press the flash buttons of the faders you would like to repatch (such as flash buttons 1, 3 and 5 in your example above). You can then click in the DMX column to change the address. 1/3 means Universe 1, DMX Channel 3.

ok...

But when i use this procedure for Fresnel on dimmer channel 1, but i want to assign on fader 3

i have nothing on fader 3 and on Fader 1 ?

My process is :

Setup
Patch
Edit Fixture
Click on Patch
Press flash button "1"
click in "DMX" column
and change 1/1 to 1/3

If it's good.........i have no light on fader 3 and 1?....

And what's the difference to "Move the preset" ?

Thks by advance

Hi Aniaki,

The procedure you have described is the correct method, to change the DMX address of fader number 1, so that that fader controls DMX channel 3.

If you wanted to assign DMX channel 1 (your fresnel) onto fader number 3, then you should do:

Setup

Patch

Edit Fixture

Click on Patch

Press flash button "3" (the fader you want to assign)

click in "DMX" column

and change 1/3 to 1/1

I hope this helps - please let me know if you need any more help.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

ok thks. Now it's good.

Another question....

When I use submasters, if I use a channel solo which is already recorded in a submaster, the submaster loses this channel, until that I click on clear button.

Can i use submasters and solo channel in live without use "Clear" button ?

(excuse for my english....)

Hi Aniaki

To do this, you'll need to set your preset faders into HTP mode. You can do this in SETUP / DESK SETUP / BEHAVIOUR and select Preset Mix Mode as HTP. Once set to HTP, the preset faders won't go into the programmer and you'll be able to solo them and the submasters together.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup