Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

beamshape control won't operate

oysterbandit

I have a brand new Leap Frog 48. I created a profile for my moving spots last night and it all seems to work fine - except I can't get the beamshape button to light up or do anything when controlling the fixtures. I have programmed the 3-wheel settings for beamshape to control the gobo etc, but nothing works. Colour and position selection works fine and light up when pressed. Tried loading other fixtures from the library and these won't work either! As I haven't used this desk at all yet, I just want to know if I am being stupid or if my desk may have a fault? HELP!!!

Hi Oysterbandit

Can you boot the desk into test mode and try out the beamshape button? To do this, boot the desk with the SETUP key held down, until your monitor screen shows an image of the front panel of the desk. Once you see this, push each button in turn and you should see a response on-screen. It's possible that the Beamshape key isn't working for some reason.

If you need help doing this, or find that this is the case, please call Keith on 01633 833100 - he'll be able to point you in the direction of getting the desk replaced.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Thanks Peter

The diagnostic showed that it was a problem with the desk, so at least I wasn't going mad last night! After repeated hard pressing of the beamshape button I have got it to function now. I guess my concern is that it may come back and haunt me at a later date, so not sure whether to suggest you go ahead and replace the desk now, or cross my fingers and hope that the button will continue to work fine now? I need to get it programmed and used ASAP, so can't really be without it. What do you recommend?

Oysterbandit.

Hi Oysterbandit,

Your desk is covered by a 3 year warranty, so should the problem come back then please do let us know and we can get the part replaced for you. If you have an urgent requirement for the desk on the show, i'd recommend keeping it as we can't guarantee repair timescales at the moment.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup