Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Bug or Feature?

derboessl

Hello,

I have 4 requests/bug reports:

1. I think this is a known problem. I copied a memory to a submaster. When overwriting the programmed submaster (copy of a memory) by a native submaster program, the desk crashes. The solution at the moment is to delete the submaster first. Then save the new "native" Submaster. The crash doesn´t appear, if another "memory copy" is stored to the submaster.

2. I had a programmed submaster 1 on Page 1 (default settings, release=Yes). On Page 2 I programmed a submaster 1 with release=no. Page 2 is completly released. When flashing the submaster 1 on page 1, the submaster 1 on page 2 becomes active and stays on (according to release=no). While flashing Page1 the dmx-values of page 2 are also active.

I think this is a bug, not a feature. Isn´t it?

3. Editing chases takes a lot of time. load chase step, edit, update step, load new step....

I programmed houselights in every step of a 16 step chase.

It would be nice to use the next/previous button in the program window also for the steps of a memory/submaster.

At the moment the buttons disappear when updating the actual step. It would be useful to stay in "edit" mode until the chase ist stepped through.

4. When adding new fixtures or patching fixtures the universe is always set to Universe 1. It would be easier to keep the last used universe for new fixtures/new patch.

thanks for you time ... and this wonderful desk

:-) Stefan

Lighting Designer

Leap Frog 48 / LG1730SF

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the feedback, I have included notes below, and where applicable given you issue numbers, so in the future you can enquire about them, or see them on the release notes of future software updates.

1. I think this is a known problem. I copied a memory to a submaster. When overwriting the programmed submaster (copy of a memory) by a native submaster program, the desk crashes. The solution at the moment is to delete the submaster first. Then save the new "native" Submaster. The crash doesn´t appear, if another "memory copy" is stored to the submaster.

We haven't come across this before! I've logged it as issue ZOS-3672, and we will aim to get this fixed in the next software release.

2. I had a programmed submaster 1 on Page 1 (default settings, release=Yes). On Page 2 I programmed a submaster 1 with release=no. Page 2 is completly released. When flashing the submaster 1 on page 1, the submaster 1 on page 2 becomes active and stays on (according to release=no). While flashing Page1 the dmx-values of page 2 are also active.

I think this is a bug, not a feature. Isn´t it?

I can't recreate this... what version of software are you running? Could you email me a show file where I can see this happening please?

3. Editing chases takes a lot of time. load chase step, edit, update step, load new step....

I programmed houselights in every step of a 16 step chase.

It would be nice to use the next/previous button in the program window also for the steps of a memory/submaster.

At the moment the buttons disappear when updating the actual step. It would be useful to stay in "edit" mode until the chase ist stepped through.

I've added this as issue ZOS-3674

4. When adding new fixtures or patching fixtures the universe is always set to Universe 1. It would be easier to keep the last used universe for new fixtures/new patch.

We have an issue for this already, it's ZOS-3141

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 1 month later...

I have also picked up something. The desk does not remember the default settings for submaster controls after power down. I have to go into setup after each sturtup and set it up again. It then remembers my setting until I switch it off.

Also (a feature request) Is it perhaps possible to have the LEDs in the flash buttons light up (or perhaps blink) when fixtures attached to faders (for example, I have LED lights set onto faders) when they are selected using the shift-flash button combination (with the desk set to flash mode: Flash)

thanks!