Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Betapack 2 problems

Jake

HI

I've got two Betapack 2 with DMX fitted at are at the moment broken (i think) here the problem

When i say fade channel 1 up it doesn't work on both sockets but if i turn them off and then turn them back on again same thing happens even with the test switch this happens. after a few atemps it does turn on but it flickers and doesn't go full power.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jake

Think you also posted this on the Blueroom as well.

If yes then you have sorted the problem from what I read.

If not, or as I replied on the Blueroom PM on the address below.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 2 years later...

Hey,

Im having problems with my beta2s I have 2 in a rack and both of them blink to off and back to original valve just once or twice then holds then if you change the value it will go to the set value then bink off then to set value but only on ch1 on both packs no other ch... any thoughts?

Dave

Run on 3phz and dmx

When you say "both of them blink to off and back to original valve just once or twice then holds" - is that when you first power the racks up or when they've been powered and then a desk connected and DMX sent to them?

Is it the front panel LED's that blink or lanterns/loads you have connected to channels - I'm trying to establish whether the rack is responding to DMX and controlling power or just doing nothing.

I suspect that you'll end up taking the racks to a Zero88 service centre to be looked at but before you do - ensure that they're comfortable with repairing BetaPack 2's. Beta 2's were discontinued a while ago and some people aren't that happy with repairing them and would rather repair Beta 1's :(

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk