Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster behaving as brightness masters

Lukimoe

Hi Zero88 Team,

there is one thing I am missing on my Jester ML since I used a bigger desk: Brightness Masters!

Of course you can't compare the Jester ML to desks that cost about 3 times the money but this little feature would amazingly improve the desk for live use.

I am currently working around this by recording all cues/submasters etc. without brightness and some extra submasters for controlling the brightness of my fixtures.

The problem with this is, that I can't record different brightnesses to my fixtures without having to much submasters just for that.

Also the edit feature is a bit uncomfortable because every fixture in the edited cue has to be turned on manually since there is no brightness recorded and therefor not brought out to the dmx line in edit mode.

I think it would be a very good idea to introduce brightness masters.

Maybe it can be done like this:

In the flash button behaviour setup could be a new option 'master' which assigns the submaster as a brightness master for all fixtures that are recorded into this submaster.

So I could easily record my cues and subs and the record another sub with all spots and another with all washers on 100%, make it a master and that's it.

I don't know how the desk is programmed but since there is a grand master that dims every channel it should be possible to add the same feature just for specific channels.

I would be very glad if you consider bringing in this feature.

I really like the Jester ML, it's a great value console and can handle most simple live shows although it's basically a theatre desk.

With this little but essential feature added, the desk could be more versatile.

(Another great thing would be speed masters, but this feature is obviously reserved for more expensive desks.

And also the independent tapping for each chaser works out pretty good)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Lukas