Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Use Master Fader of submasters

Visironer

Hi,

I will try to do my best in english to be comprehensible !

I Just wanted to know if we can assign master fader to a value of a fixture, and then when moving this master fader move the parameter...try to explain better :

I have a led par with 6 parameters

1.Red

2.Green

3.Blue

4.Strobe

5.Master

6.Auto.Mode

My light don't exist in the zero bank, so i created a fixture in the Fixture Type Editor.

I want to controle the dimmer of the "RED" side light on Submaster1, with the possibilitie to fade in and out

" " "G" " 2 "

" " "B" " 3. "

So that i can have an easy live contrôle make some corrections of intensity, and color without having to select the concerned fixtures, go to the parameter and wheeling...

Is this possible ?? It's good working when the dmx parmeters of my led par was on the preset faders (put the fader of the red color dmx channel at 100%, record it to sub1, then sub one fader work like a real value fader)

But when i put the fixture "color option" on a sub1, the master just reacted like a latch flash !!!

So finally just wanted to know what is really possible to contôle with submasters faders of the ml24...is it only working as a "memory" ruuner when programming with fixtures ?

Thanks a lot for your answer

Best Regards from Françe

• 1 month later...

When working with fixtures, unless the channel is a dimmer channel, bringing up a programmeed submaster will snmp (or fade up if a fade time is set) to the recorded values, unless the fixture has a dimmer channel. Submasters are only able to adjust dimmer channels up and down .

Its been a while since ive used the fixture editor software as i run a linux machine, but it may be possible to create a new fixture file which has the r g b and intensity channels set as a dimmer, that way if it is recorded on submasters it will behave as you want.

You can only have one intensity per fixture unfortunately. Solutions are that you can either run these as normal channels, or patch them in as additional dimmer channels for each of the Red, Green and Blue channels.

I hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control