Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Dodgy fade on Zero 88 desk

Zulu

First post here. . . I have well used Zero 88 desk, and have started seeing a problem with fade: when setting for a 5 second (say) fade, the next cue just jumps to full virtually instantly. Not good for the production. Don't know anything about it, but could it be the knob is waring out. Is it fixable? Otherwise this trusty old desk works great

thanks , Zulu

Hi Zulu,

Welcome to the Zero 88 support forums!

As jonasprawer suggests, without knowing which desk you have this is a little but harder!

For best results, you should post this in the relevant forum. At the bottom of the main forum page (http://support.zero88.com/forum) you will see a section for each of our current products, as well as sections for our past, discontinued product.

However, if you just reply letting us know which console you have, I will move this post to where it needs to be!

Many Thanks,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

It sounds more like the rotary pot is faulty. When you turn the knob do you get a distinctive click as you go from manual to timed.

If you want to PM on the address below I can go through some test with you.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

Yes, there is a click when switching from "manual" position to the timed fades positions. This is normal.

I am not at the theatre at present, but I can retrieve the desk. Is it possible to do testing remote from the lighting rig, eg at home ?

The problem is intermittent, but seems to be worse at the position I use most frequently, around the 3 - 4 second mark.

ta, Zulu.