Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming chases with palettes

mrsangiovese

I am having difficulty programming a moving light chase with palettes. (I am of course assuming this is possible?)

I am trying to record a chase that will just contain position information on the submasters. (I haven;t attempted to do this to memories..)

I program the first step, create the look for the second step, tell it to 'make chase', create the look for the third step, but since I pressed a position palette, the submaster is no longer selected. If I re-select the submaster, it wants to over-write one of the first two steps. Is there a way to get it to program steps beyond #2 using palettes?

Thanks for your help!

David

Hi David,

When you press the Submaster to select it, press the right arrow to select the step (second column). Select the step before the one you want to record (probably the last one, so in your example step two) and then press 'Insert'. This will insert your third step.

I hope this helps,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control