Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

LF96 ZerOs 6.0 few bugs and suggestions

techbppac

Hello, a few bugs and suggestions,

Bugs?

Sometimes the backspace button doesn't respond whist naming a sub-master and the only way to delete a character is to cancel naming and then re-enter the menu.

Currently when adjusting the offset wheel in shifted wheel mode the offset display doesn't change, yet the actual output does. So i can output a shifted offset of 50 yet cant look at the wheel display to view this.

And when pressing the clear button twice, fixtures sometimes still output? Ill look into this more when I get the chance but i believe clear doesn't always clear the changed programmer??

Suggestions?

Would it be possible to (or is there) have a better way of naming palettes. Usually i record quite a few position palettes at a time, and if you have to keep scrolling through the numbers, or even worse remember the numbers it gets tricky. Perhaps being able to do position (select palette so it outputs) name would select the current one??

Monitor support, really liking the remote monitor, handheld is great but desktop is awful, could we look at adding sub names, and making the general layout of faders bigger and easier to control?

Remote for windows mobile 7.

Thanks

Sometimes the backspace button doesn't respond whist naming a sub-master and the only way to delete a character is to cancel naming and then re-enter the menu.

I'll try and recreate this, thanks. If you do find this problem, you should be able to use an external keyboard.

Currently when adjusting the offset wheel in shifted wheel mode the offset display doesn't change, yet the actual output does. So i can output a shifted offset of 50 yet cant look at the wheel display to view this.

As above, I'll try and recreate this.

And when pressing the clear button twice, fixtures sometimes still output? Ill look into this more when I get the chance but i believe clear doesn't always clear the changed programmer??

Are you sure they aren't programmed in the memories or in a submaster? Opening the 'Outputs' window, and then clicking on 'Source' will show you why each channel is outputting the value it is.

Would it be possible to (or is there) have a better way of naming palettes. Usually i record quite a few position palettes at a time, and if you have to keep scrolling through the numbers, or even worse remember the numbers it gets tricky. Perhaps being able to do position (select palette so it outputs) name would select the current one??

I will add this as an issue. When you press 'name', you can then press 'Position' to jump to selecting position palette in the drop down menu. Maybe instead of the MFKs showing a number pad when in the 'number' field, it could just show all the palettes.

Monitor support, really liking the remote monitor, handheld is great but desktop is awful, could we look at adding sub names, and making the general layout of faders bigger and easier to control?

As mentioned in the email to you earlier this month, this is something we are looking into improving.

Remote for windows mobile 7.

Also mentioned in the email, we are looking at requests to provide the remote on other systems, such as Android and WM7.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

I usually do this by putting the position MFK page on the external monitor (touchscreen). Select the position, so that the focus is on the position windows and the selected position is outputted.

If you then press "name" on the desk you can enter the name of the position.

This is quite fast, select the position, press name, enter the name, press enter, select next position, press name...etc.

What could be improved:

If you load a position. beam shape etc. (without selecting the palette) then you have to enter the number. Here it would be nice if (after you selected a number) the name of the palette would be displayed.

Thanks to Jon for looking into these issues.

Also my thanks to CHW for your excellent advice. Much easier to name them on the palette screen.

Also noticed yesterday that certain channels were not outputting as they were being tracked at 0 in program window, which is normal, but the clear button wasnt lit? And the channels only came on once the clear button had been pressed?