Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Lightmaster XLS - resetting DMX patch

I have been using a Lightmaster XLS to control four analogue dimmer packs for some years, and we are moving over to DMX control (actually one DMX pack and a demux).

When I connected up, the demux and DMX pack indicated they were receiving a signal, but I could only get one channel to respond and on an unrelated dimmer. Yes - I had done a super user reset, which, as I understand it will remap the dimmer to DMX output to 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, etc. However, because of pressure of getting the show going, we had to resort to ananlogue control.

I investigated further, without time pressure. I did a super user reset again, and examined the patching (as per manual). It was all over the place and only one DMX xhannel in the range 1-24 was mapped to a dimmer channel. I then remapped channels 1-24 to their respective dimmer channels, and now everything appears fine.

So I think I have solved the problem, but I do not understand why the super user reset did not restore the default mapping, which I understand to be 1=1, etc. The procedure is to press 'GO', when 'rS' is displayed, isn't it?

Nigel

Yes you are correct when you use the reset "RS" option in super user this will reset the patch back to 1-1.

When you run RS though it is noramly a double push of the GO button, RS will flash while it is doing this and then come up with "CL".

Did you see this or did it stay on RS?

PM on the address below if you want any further information.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.