Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Duplicate Fixture patching

GLX

Is there any chance of been able to patch multiple fixtures to a fixture button WITH OUT changing their addersses, ie.. was in a club for a three night stint using house dmx run(too lasy to run mine!) and instead of rerouting the house dmx from foh back to the twit box(dj) could have been easier to patch all their fixtures to the fatfrog and push the magic frog button :?

Do you mean the ability patch a single fixture to several different DMX start addresses, in the same way that generic channels can be patched to up to 10 different DMX addresses.

If so, then this is something we will be looking into. :wink:

If not, then please explain further 8O

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 month later...

Why?

There are some solutions; if you want the fixtures to act exactly the same (thats what I get from your question...) just make them listing to the same DMX address, that works just fine.

If that's not the case; you could always write a fixturefile and copy the parameters. But beware; all of your menus will be copied too, so one fixture button will contain 2 colour selections, 2 gobo etc if you place 2 fixture there. I think that would suck bigtime :)

Whats your problem? (Why do you want to do this???)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Currently on the frog series of desks you can patch a generic channel to a maximum of 10 different DMX channels, but a fixture can only be patched to one DMX start address.

This has been raised as an issue, particularly on the Mambo Frog since it does NOT have generic channels in the same way that the other desks in the Frog series have.

It is of course possible to assign a single brightness channel fixture (dimmer) to the fixture buttons on the mambo frog but it will then be treated as a FIXTURE and therefore cannot be patched to multiple DMX addresses ... at the moment.

One of the things we are considering for a future release is to allow fixtures to be patched to multiple DMX addresses as well as generic channels.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 year later...

Is there any merit into giving the Mambo the ability to duplicate DMX addresses for conventional fixtures?

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

• 8 months later...

Is it possible for the Mambo Frog to control mutiple dmx channels with one parameter ?

Here is the story:

I have 12 led globes, controlled by a 48ch controller (4 channels per globe: brightness, colour, fx & fx speed).

The controller only knows the starting address, and adds up the addresses internally.

My globes are grouped together by 3, these 3 (12 dmx channels) need to be controlled together. Meaning the brightness needs to control 3 addresses , the colour 3 and the beamshape 2x 3 addresses, resp. for each globe in the cluster.

I tried the add sub fixture in the fixture editor, but this doesn't solve my problem.

I can't assign them speratly to a fixture, for the simple reason that I'm running out of fixtures.

Short:

One assigned fixture on the frog, needs to be set to 3 dmx addresses

Any ideas ?